Blog Archive

Monday 22 January 2018

Scones and Raspberry Jam

What a strange January this has been so far ..... hardly any visits to the garden and not much work done in our own either.
But ... we have decorated one room in our house 
so that is great news.
If truth be told, it is the only time in the year that we would want to be indoors doing it. 
I`ve honed down my piano music collection and we.re trying hard to keep the room uncluttered.
Today we had a lovely walk at Rye Harbour .... a great place to visit if you stay at Freshwinds Camping. The bird life is amazing. 
We saw a seal swimming up the river gulley.

We think the seals hear our voices and they are curious enough to come up and have a good look round.

I am doing my annual fabric review.
The system I put in place a few years ago is still working well.
The fabric is folded into regular folds and is stored upright in lidded bins.
The scrap bins were rather full so I did some mini-patchwork.
Using old denim jeans, I made some small simple bags with a patchwork strip down one side.


 After I had cut the rectangles, there was quite a lot of pretty fabric left over so I made rather a pile of tiny hearts.
And even then there were useful pieces left so I cut tiny hearts to sew on various projects throughout the year.
The very tiny scraps go in a bag and they are taken to the local nurseries for children to use in collage work.
Bigger scraps are being made into bunting.
I began these 4 sets today.
 
Yesterday was such a miserable day, it seemed a good idea to make a batch of fruit scones so we lit the fire early and sat close by, scoffing scones and raspberry jam, reminding ourselves 
of summer days. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment