Blog Archive

Sunday 15 April 2018

Mossy Sticks and Blackbird Thieves

A little bit overcast today with some light showers, but it didn`t stop us doing a few jobs at the garden.
I added a few more plants to the little nursery and planted some mini-sedums in the fairy garden.
I noticed the fairy house roof has been raided, probably by a blackbird looking for nesting material.
This may be a bit fanciful but in this photo, it looks like there is smoke coming out of the chimney.
A lovely birdbath has appeared in the garden. It belonged to Tim`s mum who passed away last year. 
I used to do her gardening and I remember it in her lovely garden .... through the rose arch, dripping with "Compassion," following the brick path to a small circular area,  self-seeded with alyssum and the birdbath in the centre ..... always very pretty.
I think it is a nice memory and it will remind me of her.
I planted two more double rows of gladioli .... how can I resist them at £1.29 a pack, from Aldi.
I got six more huge dahlia tubers in. 
I think they are mostly yellow and orange. Ha ha.
Steve scattered some old bagged soil and found a nest inside. It is an old one luckily.
A row of garlic went in.
The asparagus is just showing.
I thought I noticed slug damage so they have had 
a sprinkling of pellets. 
I am trying to work out how to cover the gooseberries to protect them from birds. I don`t think this old bed frame will be 
satisfactory after all.
On a walk with my two young nephews this morning to admire the anemones, I found this fantastic mossy stick.
It`s honeysuckle that`s twisted round another tree.
I`ve also noticed the new cobbing layer is cracking up.
Time to get some more going.
A brave carnation.
Can`t wait for the first rhubarb crumble.
I have high hopes for the old rose I moved from home.
It is shooting well. I look forward to seeing its colour.
A pink forgetmenot.





The bent willow shooting red and pale green.
I am pleased to say that things are drying out, but just look at the path through the main gate.
I am still waiting to hear the first cuckoo.
Things are beginning to take shape. 

2 comments:

  1. Ah it's nice to see everyone's blog posts are beginning to get a bit more colourful and positive as the temperatures are just beginning to improve - ever so slightly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I really feel as if we.re off. But it is so late for so many things. All very much behind.

    ReplyDelete